Friday, November 30, 2007

The Great Anime Tragedy of 2007

Getting back into anime is sort of depressing. I've forgotten so much of what I used to know, I almost feel like I never knew anything about it. Even catching up on the recent stuff is overwhelming, so much has happened since I've been on hiatus. I decided to begin my endeavor by booting up the old computer (which had been on permanent rest until I could get a new DVD burner to transfer the information from the hard drives). I was really afraid of using this computer too much and losing all the data, something like 400 gigs worth of anime. It was just a feeling that something awful was going to happen. I go out buy a burner and sit down to begin the transfer process. I move my files from documents and settings to desktop and bam, their gone. I got a recovery program. I got all the files back but now I can only see the first 10 or so seconds from each recovered episode. I was able to identify some of the stuff that I lost (Live Action Sailor Moon, Negima, Air, Anne of Green Gables among them), others I'm just completely baffled as to what they are. I'm going to take screen shots post them of A4 and here. Hopefully someone can identify them for me and I can go about trying to download, buy, or rent them.

4 comments:

Hiro said...

What kinda computer you got? A Mac or a PC? If you got a Mac I might be able to help with recovery.

Also I have a lot of anime archived so mebbe I could help with replacement too....

Stephanie said...

I have a PC. T_T It's ok, most of the stuff is licensed so I'll get it from Greencine. I have to go through the clips and figure out what I'm missing I know some of it is older and more obscure so I might take you up on that. : P

Hiro said...

I can definitely give you Live Action Sailor Moon (worth having) and possibly Air (which is out on DVD now)... Let me know when you have pictures of the others up somewhere...

Stephanie said...

I'm redownloading LA SM, as it turns out I'm only missing the second half of the series because I burned the first half before the failure. Did you like Air?