Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gakuen Alice



I was watching this anime long ago before law school started, and because I've decided to get back into anime, I'm returning to this one first.



Gakuen Alice has 26 episodes and deals a special academy for children with super powers called "alices". The concepts are pretty standard here: sort of ditzy magical girl has a smart best friends and is mercilessly teased by the mean boy with a dark past. (If he were older would probably be a bishie.) You get all the basic themes of valuing friendship, family, integrity blah blah etc. This is a cute show and great for people who long for Fushigi Yuugi/Sailor Moon type plot lines. There is a considerable amount of angst between Miki and Natsume, although no real romance yet. I'll have to finish the series to decide what I ultimately think about it but so far it is worth the watch. It has yet to be released in the US but you can download it here.

No comments: